1A Hindu scholar learned in Sanskrit and Hindu philosophy and religion, typically also a practicing priest: [as title]: Pandit Misir
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For twelve years, with the help of a team of Hindu pandits and Sanskrit scholars in Banaras, India, he struggled to bring the ancient texts into clear, accurate and inspired English.
- Even the more skilled Hindu pundits have left to minister to communities in North America.
- The royal hall was full with expectations, the learned pundits and intellectuals were eager to know the outcome of the debate.
1.2Indian A talented musician (used as a respectful title or form of address).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A BBC presenter introduced pundit Ravi Shankar as the most famous living Indian on earth.
- While people and pundits of other states got either one classical form or nothing to pamper and nourish, Keralites are blessed with a few.
- But a US-based Kashmiri musician is creating ripples with a rap number that reflects the struggles and tears of displaced Kashmiri Pandits.
Of the same origin as pundit.
Palabras que riman con panditbandit
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: pan·dit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda