Definición de pandit en inglés:
1A Hindu scholar learned in Sanskrit and Hindu philosophy and religion, typically also a practicing priest: [as title]: Pandit Misir
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For twelve years, with the help of a team of Hindu pandits and Sanskrit scholars in Banaras, India, he struggled to bring the ancient texts into clear, accurate and inspired English.
- Even the more skilled Hindu pundits have left to minister to communities in North America.
- The royal hall was full with expectations, the learned pundits and intellectuals were eager to know the outcome of the debate.
1.2Indian A talented musician (used as a respectful title or form of address).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A BBC presenter introduced pundit Ravi Shankar as the most famous living Indian on earth.
- While people and pundits of other states got either one classical form or nothing to pamper and nourish, Keralites are blessed with a few.
- But a US-based Kashmiri musician is creating ripples with a rap number that reflects the struggles and tears of displaced Kashmiri Pandits.
Of the same origin as pundit.
Palabras que riman con panditbandit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda