- 1A Hindu scholar learned in Sanskrit and Hindu philosophy and religion, typically also a practicing priest: [as title]: Pandit MisirMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For twelve years, with the help of a team of Hindu pandits and Sanskrit scholars in Banaras, India, he struggled to bring the ancient texts into clear, accurate and inspired English.
- Even the more skilled Hindu pundits have left to minister to communities in North America.
- The royal hall was full with expectations, the learned pundits and intellectuals were eager to know the outcome of the debate.
- 1.1Indian A wise man or teacher.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also we have won under Ganguly's captaincy what the cricket pandits term as the GREATEST SERIES EVER against Australia at home in 2001.
- 1.2Indian A talented musician (used as a respectful title or form of address).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A BBC presenter introduced pundit Ravi Shankar as the most famous living Indian on earth.
- While people and pundits of other states got either one classical form or nothing to pamper and nourish, Keralites are blessed with a few.
- But a US-based Kashmiri musician is creating ripples with a rap number that reflects the struggles and tears of displaced Kashmiri Pandits.
Of the same origin as pundit.
Más definiciones de panditDefinición de pandit en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional