- The action of buying large quantities of a particular product or commodity due to sudden fears of a forthcoming shortage or price increase: panic buying by motorists compounded the situation—by the middle of the month, nearly all of the country’s gas stations had run dryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Panic buying of foodstuffs and nutritional supplements (e.g. iodine) is a likely outcome.
- There was panic buying of supplies in some supermarkets.
- They were geared up for a day of premature panic buying.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yesterday Irish people were told to stop panic-buying petrol.
- "I would say that some people have perhaps panic-bought as they are so understandably worried about their children's education."
- The advice we've received is not to make any unnecessary car trips for four days and not to panic-buy gas.
Más definiciones de panic buyingDefinición de panic buying en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional