Definición de panic buying en inglés:
The action of buying large quantities of a particular product or commodity due to sudden fears of a forthcoming shortage or price increase: panic buying by motorists compounded the situation—by the middle of the month, nearly all of the country’s gas stations had run dry
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Panic buying of foodstuffs and nutritional supplements (e.g. iodine) is a likely outcome.
- There was panic buying of supplies in some supermarkets.
- They were geared up for a day of premature panic buying.
- Example sentences
- Yesterday Irish people were told to stop panic-buying petrol.
- "I would say that some people have perhaps panic-bought as they are so understandably worried about their children's education."
- The advice we've received is not to make any unnecessary car trips for four days and not to panic-buy gas.
Definición de panic buying en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan