A form of utopian social organization in which all are equal in social position and responsibility.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Priestley left his home - what was left of it - went to London, and in 1794 emigrated to the banks of the Susquehanna River where he and other intellectuals tried to set up a utopian community (Pantisocracy).
- [Coleridge and Southey] threw themselves into planning Pantisocracy: an experimental and ideal community founded on human reason and directed toward human perfection.
- Coleridge even dreamt up a new word "Pantisocracy" to describe their new society: it meant "equal rule by all."
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He became friendly with S. T. Coleridge and together they planned their Pantisocratic society.
- The result of Taylor's criticism was that when Southey began to revise and recast Madoc, he sought to eliminate all trace of Pantisocratic conceptions.
- Bristol was to be from where the Pantisocratic plans were to be finalized and from where the founding members would board a sailing ship for America.
Late 18th century: from panto- 'all' + Greek isokratia 'equality of power'.
Definición de Pantisocracy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda