Definición de papaya en inglés:
1A tropical fruit shaped like an elongated melon, with edible orange flesh and small black seeds. Also called papaw or pawpaw.
- Lutein is found in spinach, leeks, peas, kiwi fruits, black grapes and romaine lettuce, while rich sources of zeaxanthin include sweetcorn, red peppers, nectarines, papaya and honeydew melon.
- Make an unusual, tasty and colourful salad with steamed spinach and fruits such as apples, grapes, orange segments, papaya and melon.
- Scoop the seeds out of a melon or a medium papaya, and fill this edible bowl with 1/2 cup of ice cream.
2 (also papaya tree) The fast-growing tree that bears the papaya, native to warm regions of America. It is widely cultivated for its fruit, both for eating and for papain production.
- Carica papaya, family Caricaceae
- Fast-growing papayas like sun and a well-draining, organically enriched soil and water.
- The papaya, from the tree Carica Papaya, is also known as mamao, tree melon, or pawpaw (not to be confused with the true pawpaw).
- Here and now, in a cooperative of 36 families, papaya and lime trees shaded thatched houses elegantly constructed of smooth wooden poles.