Definición de parallax en inglés:
1The effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions, e.g., through the viewfinder and the lens of a camera.
- An improved configuration uses a splitter mirror to eliminate the effects of parallax but not the differences in lenses.
- Each element was then centered in the lens to decrease distortion from lens curvature or parallax.
- Other achievements of Aepinus include improvements to the microscope, and his demonstration of the effects of parallax in the transit of a planet across the Sun's disk.
1.1The angular amount of parallax in a particular case, especially that of a star viewed from different points in the earth’s orbit.
- He also gives the tables of the longitudinal and latitudinal parallaxes for certain geographical latitudes, tables of eclipses, and tables of the visibility of the moon.
- Read Eco's novel, which is full of Paris meridians, lunar parallaxes, the moons of Jupiter, and the Powder of Sympathy.
- The work on double stars had been undertaken as a continuation of his father's work which attempted to measure the parallax of a star.
- Example sentences
- He wrote Scipta giving details of his instruments and these, including dials, quadrants, safea, astrolabes, armillary astrolabe, torquetum, parallactic ruler, and Jacob's staff are described in.
- However, we have strong evidence that this is not a biological reality, but instead can be attributed to a known parallactic measurement bias when using some binocular microscopes.
Definición de parallax en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia