Infest or exploit (an organism or part) as a parasite.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Entamoeba are unicellular eukaryotes that frequently parasitize vertebrate species including human.
- The order Strepsiptera are obligate endoparasitic insects that are known to parasitize seven insect orders, including solitary and social Hymenoptera.
- However, in great spotted cuckoos thick-shelled eggs have not evolved for the same reason because this species parasitizes large birds that do not need to puncture the parasitic egg because they can easily grasp it.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Multicellular organisms continually defend themselves against parasitization by potentially harmful microbes.
- We tested the reproductive compensation hypothesis against the alternative hypothesis that parasitization depresses host resource allocation to reproduction.
- The idea that parasitization can be reduced through song modification has found some support in the finding that female flies show a ‘preference’ for certain song types.
Pronunciación: /ˌparəsiˌtīˈzāSHən, -sī-/sustantivo
Definición de parasitize en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional