Administered or occurring elsewhere in the body than the mouth and alimentary canal: parenteral nutrition Often contrasted with enteral.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Total parenteral nutrition was administered preoperatively, and complications were monitored.
- Central venous catheters, often used to deliver parenteral nutrition to preterm infants, can act as a nidus for infection.
- The available clinical evidence leans heavily on parenteral therapy of inpatients with pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The drug may be given orally, parenterally (intramuscular, intravenous), or rectally in addition to epidurally and intrathecally.
- They were randomised to two postoperative isoenergetic and isoprotein nutritional regimens given enterally or parenterally; the results have just been reported.
- Three weeks of antibiotic therapy, with at least the first week of therapy being administered parenterally, is required in the treatment of children with orbital cellulitis.