- The most striking ones are connected with the illegal giveaway of some public parks and gardens, he said.
- Work includes care of public parks, gardens, painting of signs, sowing of flowers, shrubs, care of the graveyards, repair of paths etc.
- He would like to see more public parks and gardens where he could go to feed the ducks with his children; more facilities for younger people - and more child-friendly pubs.
- Some of the finest natural areas in the park are not easily accessible except by boat, but others are crisscrossed by hiking trails.
- State officials work to balance recreational use with efforts to enhance and protect the park's abundant natural resources.
- Since the 1988 fire, researchers believe that the park has achieved a natural balance.
- The residents will now make submissions on the upcoming review of the Naas Development Plan looking to have the wetlands area formalised as a wildlife park.
- It turned out that this was no ordinary deer, but a young orphan - appropriately enough, called Rain - who had been reared from birth by the good folks at Porfell Animal Land wildlife park, near Looe.
- The judges say the Town Park and the wildlife park in Glendowns are both providing opportunities for wildlife appreciation.
- Not to mention he accomplished this playing his home games in Yankee Stadium, a difficult park for righthanded hitters.
- The Southern League has favored pitching dramatically of late, though the Georgia outfielders will be playing in historically neutral parks.
- The ball had plenty of depth to reach the park's famed left field fence.
- Although the park is open year-round, I don't believe that we would want to ride during some of those cold northern winters.
- The park is open year around however, the summer temperatures can get very hot in this beautiful high desert.
- The park is open from mid-April to the end of October and is accessible by float plane and boat.
- Plans came and went that included high-rise apartments and an amusement theme park, however nothing materialised.
- A series of pilots are set to begin at regional and national theme parks.
- In the amusement parks on the outskirts of Chennai, huge crowds queue for a water ride.
- Union Terrace car park will lose more than half its existing spaces so a new coach park and toilet facilities can be built.
- The sports hall, bowling green and coach park is likely to be lost, and council officers are already looking at the possibility of moving them elsewhere in the city.
- Householders and traders fear that a move to relocate a city centre coach park in York will trigger a spiral of decline in a street which has been revived after years of planning blight.
- I jammed the gear shift into park and jumped out of the car, wiping my pants off.
- He struggled to push the gear shifter into park, but he finally heard and felt the needle click over to the large P.
- She turned the key, the engine letting off a bit of a rumble, than she shifted the car from park to first gear, and turned it back around.
- The car park of Morrisons often suffers from overflow car parking with shoppers having to park on side roads close to Morrisons which creates more congested local roads.
- Does free parking mean one can park vehicles anywhere and on any road?
- Police have been using the Polebarn Road offices to park vehicles since May.
- Equally, if Stringer was lost for any period of time then you could park any notions of grandeur until he returned.
- Which is sweet of them, except that these crèches are not to park your baby in - they're for men.
- I need to do a nifty leftward swerve right where you've parked your eight year old child!
- At the start of a routine home fixture he parks himself in a seat high in Ibrox's Main Stand.
- I promptly told my mind to shut up and strolled across the floor to the bar, parking myself in a seat.
- At the command every student in the room hurriedly parked themselves in their specific seats and waited for instructions from the teacher, Madame Besson.
- The government parked the idea by referring it to an all-party committee looking at the reform of the structures of the Oireachtas.
- Fearful of another damaging "Tax Bombshell" campaign by the Tories, Brown parked the idea until after the next election.
- The issues were parked for reference to the Law Commission.
park the bus
- Soccer , informal (Typically of an away team) play in a very defensive way: if they decide to park the bus and we don’t score early on, then it may be a boring drawn-out gameFrom the idea of parking the team bus in front of the goalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We need a more clinical striker who can score against teams that park the bus.
- I don't know what your standards are for football but all they did was counter and park the bus.
- When teams come to park the bus it's always difficult.
a walk in the park
- see walk.
Middle English: from Old French parc, from medieval Latin parricus, of Germanic origin; related to German Pferch 'pen, fold', also to paddock. The word was originally a legal term designating land held by royal grant for keeping game animals: this was enclosed and therefore distinct from a forest or chase, and (also unlike a forest) had no special laws or officers. A military sense 'space occupied by artillery, wagons, stores, etc., in an encampment' (late 17th century) is the origin of the verb sense (mid 19th century) and of sense 2 of the noun (early 20th century).
Park is from Old French parc, from medieval Latin parricus. It is probably of Germanic origin, related to German Pferch ‘pen, fold’, which is also the source of paddock (mid 16th century). The word was originally a legal term for land held by royal grant for the keeping of game animals: the area was enclosed and therefore distinct from a forest or chase, and (also unlike a forest) had no special laws or officers. A military sense ‘space occupied by artillery, wagons, and stores, in an encampment’ (late 17th century) is the origin of the verb ‘to park’ (mid 19th century). The British slang term parky, ‘cold’, dates from the 1890s. It probably comes from perky, ‘lively, sharp’ ( see perk).
Palabras que riman con parkarc, ark, Bach, bark, barque, Braque, Clark, clerk, dark, embark, hark, impark, Iraq, Ladakh, Lamarck, lark, macaque, marc, mark, marque, narc, nark, Newark, quark, sark, shark, snark, spark, stark, Vlach
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: park
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.