Definición de parody en inglés:
sustantivo (plural parodies)
- Discuss how the reversal of the conventions makes for a comic effect and how the comedy genre uses a parody of other genres by referring to current comedy films or TV programmes the class may be viewing.
- Her first collection Making Cocoa for Kingsley included a number of literary jokes and parodies in the style of some of the most notable 20th century poets.
- Some followers of Teraoka's work have wondered why an artist so closely identified with clever parodies of traditional Japanese styles would turn to a Western medieval format.
- Celibacy, as commonly understood, is therefore a meaningless parody or travesty of the true formula.
- Across the curve of the animal's long neck the butcher's ritual dagger has inscribed a parody of a smile.
- More naked men are shackled together by their hands and feet in a sickening parody of an orgy.
verbo (parodies, parodying, parodied)[with object] Volver al principio
- Mr Punch's Prize Novelists parodies the leading writers of the day.
- Voltaire's Candide, in which Pangloss takes the place of Mentor, will parody the genre.
- Funny and cleverly written (but for one misuse of the word ‘inferred’), this light-hearted and engaging story parodies the spy genre without sacrificing the reader's involvement.
- One of the other two was adding ‘Me too’, which wasn't quite as good and maybe over-egged the satirical pudding, but perhaps in its own way it parodied their ineffectual and interchangeable natures.
- As much as this is a bunch of guys from Dartmouth, N.S., parodying themselves, it's a satirical take on the types you'd find on Jerry Springer, hence its growing popularity south of the border.
- Cast members pose as correspondents as they parody mainstream media's failure to provide robust, independent journalism.
This came via late Latin from Greek parōidia ‘burlesque poem’, from para- ‘mock-’ and ōidē ‘ode’. The sense ‘feeble imitation’ dates from the early 19th century.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This oscillation between different parodic and satirical tactics makes it something of a moving target for potential litigation.
- Even for the parodic and satiric intent, there is a greater interest in the design and design faults of language than a care for what the reader will take away.
- The first is that these albums tend to involve a fully ironic approach, as opposed to one that is merely satirical or parodic.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It triggered a veritable tidal wave of imitators, parodists, and artists wishing to capitalize on its success.
- The parodist must both imitate and create incongruity in relation to the pretext, and parody has, contrary to pastiche, traditionally had a comic dimension.
- It is one thing, we have learned, to describe something as being ‘beyond parody’, but another, as would-be parodists, to experience the consequences of this phenomenon.
Palabras que riman con parodyrhapsody • prosody
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.