Involving or denoting a system of inheritance in which a deceased person’s estate is divided equally among the heirs.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Powys withstood encroachments from England and Gwynedd throughout its existence, although the Welsh custom of partible inheritance caused rivalries among the ruling family.
- Particularly by the sixteenth century, however, an additional tension had been introduced into the system of partible inheritance.
- As a result of land reallocations in the past, partible inheritance practices among landowners resulted in plots of dwindling size in only a few generations.
late Middle English (in the sense 'able to be parted'): from late Latin partibilis, from Latin partiri 'divide into parts'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I use the Strathernian language of personal partibility intentionally here to describe these various transactions, for there are several aspects of ‘hot’ interpersonal agency involved in these and other kangakanga.
- Thus the various ritual capacities of North Mekeo chiefs and sorcerers typify the sort of interpersonal agency implicit in Melanesian personal partibility.
- Chapter 6 explores Strathern's notion of personal partibility with respect to hybridity models of Clifford and Latour.
Definición de partible en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional