Definición de participle en inglés:
A word formed from a verb (e.g., going, gone, being, been) and used as an adjective (e.g., working woman, burned toast) or a noun (e.g., good breeding). In English, participles are also used to make compound verb forms (e.g., is going, has been). Compare with gerund.
- Intransitive, transitive, causative forms, past and non-past tenses (there was no future tense in Old Tamil), participal and verbal nouns, adjectival participles and the infinitive are found in the language of the inscriptions.
- Moreover, nouns express sorts of things, verbs and participles are tensed, pronouns are either demonstrative or relative.
- The end of the previous sentence itself contains an absolute clause with the participle being as its verb.
- Example sentences
- I think there is a tension between the participial and noun forms worth exploring-for the terms determine how teachers and students alike encounter the phenomenon of writing.
- Likewise, the participial suffix ‘ado’ is often changed by Puerto Ricans.
- The construction is the same - a participial phrase introduces the story, the spin commences before the news arrives - but the similarities end there.
Definición de participle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary