- (Of a woman or female mammal) about to give birth; in labor.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- General practitioners and, increasingly after 1950, obstetricians attended most parturient women.
- It may be difficult to extrapolate our findings to contemporary parturient women.
- These trends in health disorders may be related to the general suppression of immune function that occurs in parturient dairy cows.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A parturient woman.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among anxious parturients, fetuses moved into a more active state when maternal relaxation was achieved with hypnotherapy.
- Backache after labour and delivery occurs in half of parturients irrespective of whether they received regional anaesthesia.
- The authors studied the records of 3,461 parturients who had at least one other delivery at the study hospital and whose previous offspring's cord serum specimens were available.
late 16th century: from Latin parturient- 'being in labor', from the verb parturire, inceptive of parere 'bring forth'.
Más definiciones de parturientDefinición de parturient en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional