- An extinct long-tailed North American pigeon, noted for its long migrations in huge flocks. It was relentlessly hunted, the last individual dying in captivity in 1914.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ectopistes migratorius, family Columbidae
- Some have become extinct, the great auk, the passenger pigeon and the famous dodo bird have all disappeared.
- The euro may strengthen against the dollar, but I think the dollar and the euro share the same fate, like the passenger pigeon and the Carolina parakeet.
- If we had been smarter, we'd still have the passenger pigeon and the Carolina parakeet.
Más definiciones de passenger pigeonDefinición de passenger pigeon en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional