Definición de patent en inglés:
- Last year, the country was granted 146 U.S. patents for various technologies and products.
- The present proceedings were initiated by the claimant, whose claim alleges that Process A infringes the patent in suit.
- The number of issued software patents grew exponentially in the U.S. beginning in the early 1980s.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- What seems to plague both of these films and so many like them is their patent insincerity.
- What is a patent truism to one side is an obvious falsehood to the other.
- The continued blind oversight of human rights abuses in conjunction with the blatant abuse of democracy is patent, and is incomprehensible.
- The renal artery, vein, and attached segment of ureter were patent and showed no evidence of tumor involvement.
- The pancreatic duct and main branches were patent and grossly unremarkable.
- Focal pressure was applied to temporarily occlude vessels that appeared to be patent.
- Ben has patented his invention and a Sheffield company has already shown interest in developing the device.
- The doctors have patented their invention and say it could soon be available to all air passengers.
- There can be tax advantages in patenting a product - income from a patent, can, in some cases, be tax-free.
The word patent comes via Old French from the Latin ‘lying open’ from the verb patere. In early use it was found in the phrase letters patent, an open document issued by a monarch to record a contract or confer a privilege. It also meant more generally ‘open to view’. Use of the word to denote a licence to manufacture a commodity dates from the late 16th century.
- Example sentences
- Potential anticancer drugs should be judged on their scientific merit, not on their patentability.
- New plant or animal varieties are completely excluded from patentability.
- In Europe, a public disclosure is an absolute bar to patentability.
- Example sentences
- Ideas and natural phenomena were not patentable.
- What is in public domain is not patentable.
- If basic scientific findings were patentable, the tracing problem would be particularly acute.
Words that rhyme with patentquotient
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.