Definición de patriot en inglés:
- Both her paternal and maternal relatives were American patriots who vigorously supported the new republic of the United States of America.
- Along the way, he proves that a true patriot is one who defends his or her country's finest ideals.
- It's the irony of the situation today that those who claim to be Indian patriots supported British rule.
pope from Old English:
The word pope came via ecclesiastical Latin from ecclesiastical Greek papas ‘bishop, patriarch’, a variant of Greek pappas ‘father’. From the same root came Late Middle English papal and papacy, and mid 16th-century papist. Patriarch (Middle English) is from Old French patriarche, via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek patriarkhēs: formed from patria ‘family’ and arkhēs ‘ruling’. Patriot (late 16th century) and patriotic (mid 17th century) go back to a related Greek patris ‘fatherland’. These are connected with English papa (late 17th century) for ‘father’ and mum, all being based on the early babbling sounds produced by infants, as is daddy (Late Middle English). See also pattern
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Neither the idealism nor the patriotism of those who serve is in question here.
- It is so deeply wrong to viciously attack the patriotism of those who dissent peacefully.
- The story passed from generation to generation to encourage the patriotism of Chinese children.
Palabras que riman con patriotcompatriot, expatriate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.