Definición de patrol en inglés:
- Extra police patrols were also sent out adding thousands to the wages bill.
- More police foot patrols will be sent on to the streets at pub chucking-out time in a bid to cut violent crime.
- It meant extra patrols had to be sent out and police stations kept open 24 hours a day.
- On August 31, two U.S. solders were killed and a third wounded in the same area while on patrol.
- It is understood a beach party was in full swing at the time and gardaí were on patrol in the area.
- Imagine you are a sergeant taking a platoon of soldiers on patrol through rugged northern Australia.
- He said the heightened joint police/army patrols and regular helicopter surveillance in the area was a contributing factor to the decline in criminal activity.
- Security is maintained at the crematorium and regular patrols take place at night but it does not merit a CCTV system.
- We work closely with the police who do regular patrols and take alcohol off kids found drinking.
- Three days later she sailed from Darwin to conduct routine patrols of Australia's northern waters and enforce the Australian Economic Exclusion Zone.
- Apart from patrols at sea the ship has seen a number of significant events whilst on deployment.
- During World War Two she served with the US Navy on anti-submarine patrols, convoy escort and even as the flagship of an amphibious assault group.
verbo (patrols, patrolling, patrolled)[with object] Volver al principio
- Two police officers patrolling the lot walked by a motor vehicle with two front seat occupants.
- The area is patrolled regularly by both the divisional traffic unit and the district detective branch.
- Police patrolled the area along the beachfront with other bomb detection devices.
The unpleasant side of military life is brought to the fore by patrol. It comes, via German, from French patrouille, from patrouiller ‘paddle in mud’. This in turn was formed from patte ‘paw’ and dialect (gad)rouille ‘dirty water’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The average team of patrollers will include a sergeant, six police constables and 12 traffic wardens and Community Support Officers.
- Militia officials would select patrollers from each district's rolls to serve for designated periods.
- Anyway, my father, long term wild life patroller, informed us that the rabbits were chewing away at the bark of our trees.
Palabras que riman con patrolbarcarole, bole, bowl, cajole, coal, Cole, condole, console, control, dhole, dole, droll, enrol (US enroll), extol, foal, goal, hole, Joel, knoll, kohl, mol, mole, Nicole, parol, parole, pole, poll, prole, rôle, roll, scroll, Seoul, shoal, skoal, sole, soul, stole, stroll, thole, Tirol, toad-in-the-hole, toll, troll, vole, whole
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.