Definición de patron en inglés:
- But the festival enjoys great support from some 20 local organisations, friends, patrons and the district council.
- These achievements should be shared with our sponsors, patrons and supporters.
- The organisers are deeply grateful for the support of patrons over the past months.
- Most of his customers are regular patrons, many of whom are foreigners.
- The aim was to make the area more attractive to business and more welcoming to regular patrons and visitors.
- These customers will most likely turn into regular patrons.
- They are the most obvious sign that hospitality helped to articulate the patron/client relations that permeated Roman society.
- A typical patrician noble, he saw his world in terms of personal ambition, Roman patriotism, family loyalty, and patron-client relationships.
- In ancient Rome clients were plebeians who were bound in a subservient relationship with their patrician patron.
pattern from Middle English:
Originally pattern and patron were the same word. Patron comes, via French, from Latin patronus ‘protector of clients, defender’, a sense which explains J. K. Rowling's use of ‘Patronus’ for a spell that produces a protecting animal in the Harry Potter books. The word goes back to pater ‘father’ ( see further under pope). The word pattern developed from the idea of a patron giving an example to be copied. The swapping round of sounds (metathesis) of the vowel and the ‘r’ occurred in the 16th century, and by 1700 patron ceased to be used of things, and the two forms developed different senses.
Palabras que riman con patronmatron
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.