Definición de patty en inglés:
sustantivo (plural patties)
- The burgers consist of chicken or beef patties sandwiched between two rice cakes.
- To test for taste, make a small patty of the meat mixture and sauté until cooked.
- We started with the meat patty, as that was a simple round.
- A man was eating a peppermint patty on his porch and he was shocked by his implantable cardioverter defibrillator, and guess what he doesn't like to eat anymore?
- So when I needed a little sugary fix, I always knew that I could stop by my mother's house and grab a licorice twist or peppermint patty.
- Suffice to say, I didn't land the job but I had oodles of fun that day, including leaving a dish of individually-wrapped peppermint patties behind for everyone on the interview panel to enjoy!
- The other day mention was being made of plantain tarts and patties on board.
- I push the pastry down loosely into the patty tins.
- Jan also makes a delicious range of flans, wraps, fritters and patties in the kitchen of her River Bank Road home.
Mid 17th century: alteration of French pâté, by association with pasty1.
paste from Middle English:
Italian pasta still retains a sophistication that the humble British pasty does not have, yet pasta (late 19th century), pasty (Middle English), and paste all go back through Latin to Greek pastai ‘barley porridge’ from pastos ‘to sprinkle, to salt’. The earliest use of paste in English was to mean ‘pastry’; pastry took over the sense in the 15th century. The sense ‘glue’ emerged in the later Middle Ages from the use of flour and water as an adhesive. Other words from the same root are pastel (mid 17th century); patty (mid 17th century); and the French equivalent paté (mid 18th century). Italian developed the form pasticcio for ‘pie’, which was also used as a term for a ‘hotchpotch, mixture’ and came into English via French as pastiche in the late 19th century. Pastrami (early 20th century) may be a more distant relative.
Palabras que riman con pattybatty, bratty, catty, chatty, Cincinnati, Dolcelatte, fatty, flattie, Hattie, natty, ratty, Satie, Scarlatti, scatty, Tati, tattie, tatty
Definición de patty en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.