Definición de pavane en inglés:
1A stately dance in slow duple time, popular in the 16th and 17th centuries and performed in elaborate clothing.
- Children also took part in period dances including the lively farandole from Provence and the slower pavan, both dating back to the time of Tudor kings and queens.
- We danced a pavan, but it never worked with three either.
- He described the pavan as a processional dance in duple time, with two single steps and one double step forwards, followed by the same sequence in reverse.
1.1A piece of music for the pavane.
- He produced many fine sets of variations on popular melodies and ground basses as well as stylized dance music (especially pavans and galliards).
- He too composed a pavan and galliard for the Earl.
- The range of Orlando Gibbons can be savoured first in another expressive and touching pavan.
Definición de pavane en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan