Cover (a piece of ground) with concrete, asphalt, stones, or bricks; lay paving over: the yard at the front was paved with flagstones (as adjective paved) chrysanthemums provide a cheerful border for the paved area
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The street in front of her was paved in glossy grey stones, curving up into a bridge that spanned the width of a river.
- Once of the first things I did was pave the front with concrete.
- They thought our streets were paved with gold, said one of their lawyers.
- 1pave the way for
- Create the circumstances to enable (something) to happen or be done: the proposals will pave the way for a speedy resolution to the problemMás ejemplos en oraciones
prepare (the way) for, make preparations for, get ready for, lay the foundations for, herald, precede
- Depending on circumstances this shift paves the way for a totally market focused system of agriculture.
- Nevertheless, because it is cheap, it is paving the way for more and for worse.
- The paper also paves the way for more Community Support Officers.
- 2the streets are paved with gold
- Used to suggest that it is easy to become rich and successful in a particular place: few people now imagine that the streets of New York, Paris, or London are paved with goldMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She was a woman who believed in a real heaven where the streets are paved with gold.
- A Mexican family crosses over the border to the Land of Milk and Honey where the streets are paved with gold.
- A place where the streets are paved with gold.
Middle English: from Old French paver 'pave'.
Palabras que riman con pavebehave, brave, Cave, clave, concave, crave, Dave, deprave, engrave, enslave, fave, forgave, gave, grave, knave, lave, Maeve, misbehave, misgave, nave, outbrave, rave, save, shave, shortwave, slave, stave, they've, waive, wave
1A setting of precious stones placed so closely together that no metal shows: a solid diamond pavé
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was able to seal the deal with matching love rings in white gold with pavé diamonds.
- Thanks to the pavé diamonds, the bespoke helmets will be the most expensive ever to race around Monaco.
- Earrings, necklaces, dog collars and pendants made in the designs of ethnic and spiky tribal art tattoos will feature black diamond pavé.
French, literally 'paved', past participle of paver.
Palabras que riman con pavénévé • corvée • duvet
Definición de pave en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda