Definición de pavement en inglés:
1Any paved area or surface.
- A common demand by the residents of the Lake Area is that the pavement around the monument be cleared of encroachments and hawkers.
- Many live off petty trade, selling goods on the pavement in the market area.
- Why not break up the tiles and make them into a mosaic for either the pavement around the area or even incorporated into some other city centre venue.
1.1North American The hard surface of a road or street.
- If John hadn't been holding onto her, she would have crashed painfully to the hard pavement of the street below her feet.
- More than one third agreed improvements needed to be made to road and pavement repairs and street cleaning.
- It was nothing but quiet traces of oldies on the radio and the sound of cars flying past each other on hard pavement.
1.3 Geology A more or less horizontal expanse of bare rock.
- Early that afternoon I walked over to the outcrop and climbed up onto the flat pavements of exposed rock.
- At the northern margin carbonate was produced at the outer platform in bivalve banks and at the platform edge in rhodolith pavements.
- Bivalves extensively colonized the outer platform, and rhodolith pavements covered its edge.
pound the pavement
- see pound2.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan