Definición de payload en inglés:
1The part of a vehicle’s load, especially an aircraft’s, from which revenue is derived; passengers and cargo.
- The airplane will usually be carrying a payload (passengers, cargo, weapons) and often a full load of fuel.
- The airline wanted an aircraft with excellent payload to achieve a good passenger-seat-per-mile cost even though it would be a more expensive aircraft to initially purchase.
- A long, slender fuselage was necessary to contain most of the fuel as well as the landing gear and payloads.
1.1Equipment, personnel, or satellites carried by a spacecraft.
- The satellite will carry a payload that will transmit a Galileo experimental signal.
- I've restricted it to spacecraft carrying useful payloads that actually flew.
- It operates microgravity science payloads for ground and spaceflight research.
1.2 Computing The actual information or message in transmitted data, as opposed to automatically generated metadata.
- Each input or output port sustains a yielded data payload of 1.4GB/sec.
- When the router gets the frame, it pulls the IP packet out of the frame and drops it into the payload field of anther frame to send across the WAN.
- SNAP uses separate input and output ports with each port currently sustaining a data payload bandwidth of 1.4GB/sec.
2An explosive warhead carried by a missile.
- It will carry a warhead payload of 404 dual-purpose improved conventional munition bomblets.
- Moreover, it is studying new kinds of warheads and payloads for the missiles, as well as new missiles.
- It will have a 30-minute loiter time at 70 kilometers capability using a micro turbojet engine and a warhead payload.
2.1 Computing The effects of a virus on a computer system.
- "The next big worm we have will have a more devastating payload," he predicts.
- Media reports and announcements from various anti-virus vendors have warned that the W32/Klez-E worm will initiate a destructive payload today, 6 March.
- It does not have a malicious payload, meaning it does not destroy or alter information within a computer.
Definición de payload en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan