sustantivo[usually as modifier]
The active maintenance of a truce between nations or communities, especially by an international military force: the 2,300-strong UN peacekeeping force
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Twenty thousand American marines are stationed in East Africa as part of a United Nations peacekeeping force.
- Some Royal Nepal Army personnel have served in United Nations peacekeeping forces.
- They have also been part of the United Nations peacekeeping forces in Cyprus and, more recently, Bosnia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- British troops were helping beleaguered United Nations peacekeepers.
- The United Nations has put peacekeepers here to maintain security, but now the UN is on its way out.
- If the United Nations sends in peacekeepers, they will face great challenges keeping order in the region.
Definición de peacekeeping en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda