Definición de pearl mussel en inglés:
An elongated freshwater bivalve mollusk that occasionally produces small pearls, found in large rivers of the northern hemisphere.
- Margaritifera margaritifera, family Margaritiferidae
- His PhD thesis looked at the ecology and conservation of the freshwater pearl mussel in Donegal.
- The project won the national award for its work in improving the River Licky and helping to preserve a rare fresh water mussel, commonly known as the pearl mussel, which lives in the river.
- The River Lickey is a very significant habitat for the shellfish commonly known as the pearl mussel because of the worthless pearls it produces.
Definición de pearl mussel en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan