Definición de pearl oyster en inglés:
A tropical marine bivalve mollusk that has a ridged scaly shell and produces pearls.
- Genus Pinctada, family Pteriidae: several species, in particular P. margaritifera, a major source of commercial pearls
- ‘These events may be entering the consciousness of the writer like the foreign particle that enters the shell of pearl oyster that produces beautiful pearls,’ feels Madhavan.
- The black pearl oyster of the Tuamotu atoll is about four times larger than the size of the Japanese akoya pearl oyster, which actually produces most of the pearls in the world.
- Allowing one pearl per ten pearl oysters, this would mean that 1.2 billion oysters were harvested on that part of the Pearl Coast in just twenty-seven years, or approximately 40 million pearl oysters per year.
Definición de pearl oyster en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan