- A tropical marine bivalve mollusk that has a ridged scaly shell and produces pearls.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Pinctada, family Pteriidae: several species, in particular P. margaritifera, a major source of commercial pearls
- ‘These events may be entering the consciousness of the writer like the foreign particle that enters the shell of pearl oyster that produces beautiful pearls,’ feels Madhavan.
- The black pearl oyster of the Tuamotu atoll is about four times larger than the size of the Japanese akoya pearl oyster, which actually produces most of the pearls in the world.
- Allowing one pearl per ten pearl oysters, this would mean that 1.2 billion oysters were harvested on that part of the Pearl Coast in just twenty-seven years, or approximately 40 million pearl oysters per year.
Más definiciones de pearl oysterDefinición de pearl oyster en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional