Definición de pectin en inglés:
A soluble gelatinous polysaccharide that is present in ripe fruits and is extracted for use as a setting agent in jams and jellies.
- In the ripening stage of strawberry fruit development the vascular tissue comprises long fibres composed of cellulose, protein, pectin, and lignin.
- Apples are also rich in the soluble fibre pectin, which helps to lower blood cholesterol.
- Proteins, pectins, polysaccharides and glycolipids, organized in a three-dimensional polygonal frame are part of the structural elements.
- Example sentences
- Plant cell walls are composed primarily of cellulose microfibrils, hemicelluloses, pectic polysaccharides, and small amounts of structural proteins.
- Then add 1 teaspoonful each of pectic enzyme and yeast nutrient per 5 litres, plus some wine yeast.
- It also contains carotene, ethereal oils, sugar, and pectic substances, which help prevent moisture loss.
Words that rhyme with pectinpecten
Definición de pectin en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia