A soluble gelatinous polysaccharide that is present in ripe fruits and is extracted for use as a setting agent in jams and jellies.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the ripening stage of strawberry fruit development the vascular tissue comprises long fibres composed of cellulose, protein, pectin, and lignin.
- Apples are also rich in the soluble fibre pectin, which helps to lower blood cholesterol.
- Proteins, pectins, polysaccharides and glycolipids, organized in a three-dimensional polygonal frame are part of the structural elements.
mid 19th century: from Greek pektos 'congealed' (from pēgnuein 'make solid') + -in1.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Plant cell walls are composed primarily of cellulose microfibrils, hemicelluloses, pectic polysaccharides, and small amounts of structural proteins.
- Then add 1 teaspoonful each of pectic enzyme and yeast nutrient per 5 litres, plus some wine yeast.
- It also contains carotene, ethereal oils, sugar, and pectic substances, which help prevent moisture loss.
Definición de pectin en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional