- Tea vendors pass by, and peddlers sell clothes, snacks and herbs from strategic positions on the ground.
- These were a very persistent variety of peddler that would not take a polite ‘No thank you’ for an answer (even when spoken in Thai).
- The sights and smells of the island (beginning with the oranges pedlars are selling on the train) creep up on you as the train snakes south towards the Straits of Messina.
- The illegal drugs were then transported to nearby Infanta town ahead of being distributed to illegal drug peddlers in Manila.
- Law enforcement agencies therefore responded by resorting to the apprehension of rather small-scale drug peddlers.
- A majority of them are rag pickers, petty hawkers, shoeshine boys, beggars and sometimes, petty pickpockets and drug peddlers.
see pedal1 (usage)
Middle English: perhaps an alteration of synonymous dialect pedder, apparently from dialect ped 'basket'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ped·dler
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.