Definición de peddler en inglés:
1A person who goes from place to place selling small goods.
- Tea vendors pass by, and peddlers sell clothes, snacks and herbs from strategic positions on the ground.
- These were a very persistent variety of peddler that would not take a polite ‘No thank you’ for an answer (even when spoken in Thai).
- The sights and smells of the island (beginning with the oranges pedlars are selling on the train) creep up on you as the train snakes south towards the Straits of Messina.
1.1A person who sells illegal drugs or stolen goods: a drug peddler
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The illegal drugs were then transported to nearby Infanta town ahead of being distributed to illegal drug peddlers in Manila.
- Law enforcement agencies therefore responded by resorting to the apprehension of rather small-scale drug peddlers.
- A majority of them are rag pickers, petty hawkers, shoeshine boys, beggars and sometimes, petty pickpockets and drug peddlers.
Middle English: perhaps an alteration of synonymous dialect pedder, apparently from dialect ped 'basket'.
see pedal1 (usage)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan