- Measurement of the dimensions of the pelvis, undertaken chiefly to help determine whether a woman can give birth normally or will require a Caesarean section.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the early part of this century, before Caesarean sections were commonplace or indeed safe, pelvimetry (measurements of the maternal pelvis) was frequently employed in an attempt to predict the outcome of labour.
- Not enough evidence is available to support the use of x-ray pelvimetry in patients whose fetuses have cephalic presentations.
- If there is the slightest question of disproportion, or a fetal position that is not easily diagnosed we immediately resort to x-ray films, ranging from scout films to radiographic pelvimetry.
Más definiciones de pelvimetryDefinición de pelvimetry en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional