- A paste of dried and pounded meat mixed with melted fat and other ingredients, originally made by North American Indians and later adapted by Arctic explorers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These slabs may have been used in the manufacture of pemmican, for pounding dried meat into a powder or for breaking bison bones.
- Native Americans once used the fruit to make pemmican, a type of meat jerky.
- It was also made into pemmican, a mixture of ground buffalo meat, service berries, and marrow grease.
from Cree pimikan, from pime 'fat'.
Más definiciones de pemmicanDefinición de pemmican en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional