Definición de pentatonic en inglés:
Relating to, based on, or denoting a scale of five notes, especially one without semitones equivalent to an ordinary major scale with the fourth and seventh omitted.
- In the same way Bartok used many seconds and sevenths found in monophonic Hungarian folk music, contemporary Korean composers have frequently used seconds and fourths derived from the pentatonic scale in both melody and harmony.
- At the start of the symphony, the strings are tuned to the notes of the pentatonic scale, and they are tuned back to the traditional Western scale as the symphony progresses.
- It's about unresolved conflict expressed through white notes colliding against black notes of the pentatonic scale.
- Example sentences
- The pentatonicism helps lighten the contrapuntal texture.
- His response to American popular styles during his stay in New York led to an intensification of certain characteristics, notably pentatonicism and ostinatos.
- One is the pentatonicism of the melodic lines, since the pentatonic formulae of folk song and children's runes are those that spring most spontaneously from nature's promises.
Definición de pentatonic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan