- Energy and high spirits; liveliness: he was an enthusiastic player, full of pep and fightMás ejemplos en oraciones
dynamism, life, energy, spirit, liveliness, animation, bounce, sparkle, effervescence, verve, spiritedness, ebullience, high spirits, enthusiasm, vitality, vivacity, fire, dash, panache, elan, zest, exuberance, vigor, gusto, brio
- Not surprisingly, depressed people lack pep and energy.
- It also had enough pep to cope with higher speeds and was perfectly happy in its top-end performance.
- Those who follow his advice should feel themselves fresh, charming, agile, vigorous, and full of pep.
verbo (peps, pepping, pepped)[with object] (pep someone/something up) Volver al principio
- Add liveliness or vigor to someone or something: measures to pep up the economyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Audio quality is a bit more pleasing, with clear voices and lively music pepping things up.
- For the uninitiated, chicken paillard is strips of thin, marinated, char-grilled chicken, and it had a great accompaniment in the mash, which was nicely pepped up by some fine, flaky black pudding.
- The children are usually depressed and need to be pepped up.
early 20th century: abbreviation of pepper.