- 1(Of a stalkless leaf or bract) extended at the base to encircle the node, so that the stem apparently passes through it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of the five sections in Wolff's classification, only two are likely to be monophyletic: section Bupleurum (the species with perfoliate leaves: clade I; Figs 1-3) and section Reticulata (B. angulosum and B. stellatum).
- 1.1(Of a plant) having perfoliate leaves.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The actual story is this: Kew Gardens has been infiltrated by ‘yellowflowered perfoliate Alexanders’, which may sound rather nice, but which actually grow up to 1.5 metres tall and starve bluebells of light.
- Common species include Virginia mountain mint, perfoliate boneset, and New England aster.
late 17th century: from modern Latin perfoliatus, from Latin per- 'through' + foliatus 'leaved'.
Más definiciones de perfoliateDefinición de perfoliate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional