Definición de periodic acid en inglés:
A hygroscopic solid acid with strong oxidizing properties.
- Chemical formula: H5IO6
- Semi-thin sections were incubated first with periodic acid for 8 min, rinsed in distilled water and then treated in the dark with Schiff reagent for 15 min to reveal carbohydrates.
- We also note that atherinomorphs have periodic acid Schiff-positive yolk, but the phylogenetic significance of this observation remains to be determined with further surveys.
- Example sentences
- The major dissolved proteins detected in this study were determined to be glycosylated, based on the detection of an aldehyde group formed by the periodate oxidation of the electrophoretically separated dissolved proteins.
- Hydroxy groups on carbohydrates can be converted to aldehydes through periodate oxidation.
Definición de periodic acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan