Continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no prospect of success: his family persevered with his treatment
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We persevered through all the difficulties but got there in the end.
- The saddest part is that despite all of the hassles and law suits, they continue to persevere.
- Still, we persevered and in spite of the traffic it was soon actually rather pleasant.
persist, continue, carry on, go on, keep on, keep going, struggle on, hammer away, be persistent, be determined, see/follow something through, keep at it, press on/ahead, not take no for an answer, be tenacious, stand one's ground, stand fast/firm, hold on, go the distance, stay the course, plod on, stop at nothing, leave no stone unturned
late Middle English: from Old French perseverer, from Latin perseverare 'abide by strictly', from perseverus 'very strict', from per- 'thoroughly' + severus 'severe'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Readers will thank Alexander for so perseveringly collecting their letters, diaries and memories.
- Moving to the cast, the film was inarguably his best film where he perseveringly proved his acting abilities minus his seducing styles.
- They could help to shape the future of our children in a positive direction and help them to pursue and achieve their goals perseveringly.