- He retreated to the ground and did not continue to persist in creating hostile assaults.
- The main effort should focus on finding a solution to the conflict, rather than persisting with the current situation of conflict management.
- But the BCC and the police are firm about persisting with the system.
- After the operation his symptoms persisted and got worse, leaving him in such pain that he had to be prescribed morphine.
- O'Connor said the symptoms usually persist for a few days and then ease up.
- It says on the packet to consult your doctor if symptoms persist for more than seven days.
Mid 16th century: from Latin persistere, from per- 'through, steadfastly' + sistere 'to stand'.
Etymologically, someone who persists in doing something cannot be moved from their course. It comes from Latin persistere, formed from per- ‘through, steadfastly’ and sistere ‘to stand’.
Palabras que riman con persistassist, cist, coexist, consist, cyst, desist, enlist, exist, gist, grist, hist, insist, list, Liszt, mist, resist, schist, subsist, tryst, twist, whist, wist, wrist
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: per·sist
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.