sustantivo (plural igual or peshmergas)
- A member of a Kurdish nationalist guerrilla organization.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Local security forces, manned mostly by former members of the Kurdish militia, the peshmerga, are also more capable than those in other parts of Iraq.
- Thus, in Iraqi Freedom, the point of the northern spear was the 173rd Airborne, a coalition of special operation forces, and the Kurdish peshmerga guerrilla fighters.
- The Kurdish militiamen or peshmerga have been the only forces who will fight alongside the occupation troops in the Mosul area.
from Kurdish pêshmerge, from pêsh 'before' + merg 'death'.
Más definiciones de peshmergaDefinición de peshmerga en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional