- 1Relating to or denoting substances obtained by the refining and processing of petroleum or natural gas: a huge petrochemical works producing plasticsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The ethyl group is found for example during the thermal degradation of alkanes as is encountered during various petrochemical processes.
- Just as suburban development was driving up the demand for gas in the 1960s, Exxon and Mobil used zeolites in petrochemical processes to convert crude oil to fuel while increasing purity and yield.
- Research and development efforts in the chemical industry are significantly more productive with the use of catalysis in fields such as fuel refining, petrochemical manufacturing, and environmental management.
- 1.1Of or relating to petrochemistry.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although there are no data showing the connection between the two magmatic systems at shallow crustal levels during the eruption, the petrochemical data point to a common parent magma derived from a unique deep source.
- Under its petrochemical and plastics segment, Atofina is the world's third largest producer of polypropylene, eighth largest supplier of polyethylene and fourth largest producer of polystyrene.
- To implement the project, PTT must invest in the construction of a 6th gas separation plant to accommodate the natural gas demand for petrochemical production.
sustantivo(usually petrochemicals) Volver al principio
- A chemical obtained from petroleum and natural gas.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A chemical engineer may specialize in pharmaceutical chemistry, petrochemicals, food additives, ceramics, environmental clean - up, safety engineering, or nuclear chemistry.
- Nylon 6 is formed from a petrochemical that contains six carbons, while nylon 6,6 is created from a reaction between two petrochemicals that contain six carbons each.
- As a gardener and householder I have tried to live as responsibly as I can, by planting trees, recycling, composting, cutting down on our use of gas and electricity, and using a minimum of petrochemicals.
Más definiciones de petrochemicalDefinición de petrochemical en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional