- A noncommissioned officer in a navy, in particular an NCO in the US Navy or Coast Guard ranking above seaman and below chief petty officer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- GPS is a significant advancement, but without ECDIS-N, a petty officer would read the GPS position, go to a chart and plot the position, then figure out where the ship is in relationship to the planned inertial movement of the ship.
- Arnold was a petty officer with the British navy and spent his early war years on convoy duty off the British coast, then in the North African and Pacific campaigns, and later with British Commonwealth occupation force in Japan.
- Ernest Perez, a 12-year Navy veteran who separated from the service as a petty officer first class, works as a civilian on the base.
Más definiciones de petty officerDefinición de petty officer en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional