- 1A small, soft, blue-green, spineless cactus, native to Mexico and the southern US. Also called mescal.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lophophora williamsii, family Cactaceae
- Its distinctive characteristic is the sacramental use of peyote, a cactus found in the Chihuahuan Desert that contains the psychedelic mescaline.
- Ancient Mayan ruins, active volcanoes, the world's only hot waterfall, and a couple of weeks spent with a Mexican bongo troupe who believed in gnomes (interestingly they also believed in peyote, a hallucinogenic species of cactus).
- 1.1A hallucinogenic drug prepared from peyote, containing mescaline.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was consuming drugs on a daily basis, including LSD, peyote, marijuana, and speed.
- Let me assure you that being in the present won't hit you like the first time you smoked marijuana or had some LSD or peyote or whatever new ‘designer drug’ people are taking these days.
- But there have been concerns that the excessive consumption, ritualistic or not, of hallucinogenics like peyote might have some long-term health implications.
mid 19th century: from Latin American Spanish, from Nahuatl peyotl.
Más definiciones de peyoteDefinición de peyote en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional