Definición de phalarope en inglés:
A small wading or swimming bird with a straight bill and lobed feet, unusual in that the female is more brightly colored than the male.
- Family Scolopacidae (subfamily Phalaropodinae): three species, red phalarope (Phalaropus fulicarius), Wilson’s phalarope (Steganopus tricolor), and northern phalarope (Lobipes lobatus)
- In the mud flats of the Bay of Fundy, you'll see large roosts of shorebirds - plovers, yellowlegs, godwits, curlews, and phalaropes - at high tide.
- An estimated 1.5 million eared grebes, 50,000 Wilson's phalaropes, 50,000 California gulls, and 200 snowy plovers visit Mono Lake each spring and summer.
- The best known of sex-role-reversed shorebirds are the spotted sandpiper, phalaropes (genus Phalaropus), and jacanas (family Jacanidae).
Definición de phalarope en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia