The study of cyclic and seasonal natural phenomena, especially in relation to climate and plant and animal life.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Flowering phenology is mainly under genetic control, implying that a detailed study of flowering phenology must consider plants at the individual level.
- As a result of this delayed phenology, the natural climatic conditions the plants experienced may have selected for early flowering regardless of competition treatment.
- Other investigations suggest a fundamental role for plant phenology in the population dynamics of oak herbivores.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We used a multitemporal series of three satellite images, taken during similar phenological periods, to measure current habitats as well as determine components of habitat change.
- We distinguish between trophic (growth related) and phenological (development and differentiation related) processes.
- Reich and Borchert showed that, in seasonal tropical environments, the periodicity of plant phenological events is caused both by their endogenous rhythm and by seasonal climatic changes.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: phe·nol·o·gy
Definición de phenology en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda