Inflammation of the walls of a vein.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Besides ulceration, lower leg edema can lead to tortuous varicosities, phlebitis, deep vein thrombosis, embolism, and infection, among others.
- Additionally, low molecular weight heparin was used in only about 56 percent of patients with blood clots in the legs or phlebitis, an inflammation of the vessels in the legs.
- Five surgical patients had wound infections, and an additional five patients had other complications such as phlebitis, hematoma, cutaneous damage, or deep venous thrombosis.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek, from phleps, phleb- 'vein'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The two types of surgical interventions used were ligation of the greater saphenous vein at the saphenofemoral junction and ligation in combination with stripping of phlebitic veins, with or without perforator interruption.
- He looks back and down towards his enlarged, veined, pustular, phlebitic left leg.
- In the columns gathered here, he throws around words like ‘ennui,’ ‘elan,’ ‘celerity,’ ‘phlebitic,’ and ‘riposte’ like an SAT test-prep instructor.
Definición de phlebitis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional