Definición de phonotactics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The study of the rules governing the possible phoneme sequences in a language.
- These figures reflect French syllable structure constraints (phonotactics) more closely than English, which does permit most consonants and even allows multiple consonants at the ends of syllables.
- The answer is, I don't know, though I once listened to a lecture on the phonotactics of comic-book sounds in Finnish, and I have passed many a happy hour in foreign train stations reading the comics noises in diverse languages.
- So there will be words that always always have schwa in them, just exactly where you'd predict based on the phonotactics.
- Example sentences
- A few of them look like they are generated randomly without regard to phonotactic constraints.
- But in terms of syllable structure, the phonotactic constraints of French are winning out over English.
- Consequently, we need to scrutinize next the role of prosody, as well as the role of the word, syllable, and phonotactic nature of children's speech.
Definición de phonotactics en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia