The luminous envelope of a star from which its light and heat radiate.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The trip from the radiation zone to the photosphere - the yellowish-white sphere of light that we see - takes about one week.
- The rotated elliptical shell could explain the polarization angle, but failed to match a feature in the supernova's flux that suggested an uneven absorption of light from the photosphere.
- Observing the solar photosphere in white light is traditionally carried out with neutral density filters.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We can, however, extrapolate the photospheric magnetic field into the corona.
- We investigate the dynamics of and the relations between small-scale penumbral and photospheric features near the outer penumbral boundary.
Pronunciación: /ˌfōtəˈsfi(ə)rik, ˈsferik/adjetivo
Definición de photosphere en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional