Definición de phthalic acid en inglés:
A crystalline acid derived from benzene, with two carboxylic acid groups attached to the benzene ring.
- Chemical formula: C6H4(COOH)2; three isomers
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Alkyd is produced by condensation reactions between polycarboxylic acids and polyhydric alcohols - often phthalic acid or anhydride and glycerol.
- A wide range of uses has been found for various phthalic acid esters, with the largest portion of these esters being used as plasticizing agents for polyvinyl chloride products.
- Capillaries were immersed in phthalic acid, which has an index of refraction that effectively eliminates optical refraction at the outer wall.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The group also warns consumers about toys that pose toxic hazards and urges manufacturers to voluntarily disclose whether toys contain phthalates or polyvinyl chloride.
- Some common chemicals found in nail salons are toluene, formaldehyde and a group of chemical compounds called phthalates.
- In contact with foods, especially hot, fatty foods, PVC can also leach chemicals such as adipates and phthalates, shown in mice to cause birth defects and damage to the liver and kidneys.
Mid 19th century: phthalic, shortening of naphthalic (see naphthalene).
Definición de phthalic acid en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda