Definición de phthalic acid en inglés:
A crystalline acid derived from benzene, with two carboxylic acid groups attached to the benzene ring.
- Alkyd is produced by condensation reactions between polycarboxylic acids and polyhydric alcohols - often phthalic acid or anhydride and glycerol.
- A wide range of uses has been found for various phthalic acid esters, with the largest portion of these esters being used as plasticizing agents for polyvinyl chloride products.
- Capillaries were immersed in phthalic acid, which has an index of refraction that effectively eliminates optical refraction at the outer wall.
mid 19th century: phthalic, shortening of naphthalic (see naphthalene).
- Example sentences
- The group also warns consumers about toys that pose toxic hazards and urges manufacturers to voluntarily disclose whether toys contain phthalates or polyvinyl chloride.
- Some common chemicals found in nail salons are toluene, formaldehyde and a group of chemical compounds called phthalates.
- In contact with foods, especially hot, fatty foods, PVC can also leach chemicals such as adipates and phthalates, shown in mice to cause birth defects and damage to the liver and kidneys.
Definición de phthalic acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan