A crystalline acid derived from benzene, with two carboxylic acid groups attached to the benzene ring.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Alkyd is produced by condensation reactions between polycarboxylic acids and polyhydric alcohols - often phthalic acid or anhydride and glycerol.
- A wide range of uses has been found for various phthalic acid esters, with the largest portion of these esters being used as plasticizing agents for polyvinyl chloride products.
- Capillaries were immersed in phthalic acid, which has an index of refraction that effectively eliminates optical refraction at the outer wall.
mid 19th century: phthalic, shortening of naphthalic (see naphthalene).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The group also warns consumers about toys that pose toxic hazards and urges manufacturers to voluntarily disclose whether toys contain phthalates or polyvinyl chloride.
- Some common chemicals found in nail salons are toluene, formaldehyde and a group of chemical compounds called phthalates.
- In contact with foods, especially hot, fatty foods, PVC can also leach chemicals such as adipates and phthalates, shown in mice to cause birth defects and damage to the liver and kidneys.
Definición de phthalic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional