Definición de phylum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural phyla /-lə/)Zoology
1A principal taxonomic category that ranks above class and below kingdom.
- The superphylum Deuterostomia contains the diverse phyla Chordata and Echinodermata and the minor phyla Hemichordata and Urochordata.
- In the animal kingdom there are many phyla, and the mammals come into a phylum called the chordates.
- Arthropods, chordates and annelids are the three segmented phyla in the animal kingdom.
1.1 Linguistics A group of languages related to each other less closely than those forming a family, especially one in which the relationships are disputed or unclear.
- Na-Dene is one of the most widely distributed language phyla in North America.
- Within a phylum, however, it may also be necessary to recognize some languages that have no close relatives and do not fall into families.
Definición de phylum en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary