Short for pia mater.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cerebellomedullary cistern (cisterna magna) is the largest of the spaces containing cerebrospinal fluid between the arachnoid mater and the pia mater, and is located between the cerebellum and the medulla oblongata.
- The small arteries and capillaries of the pia mater in certain regions of the ventricular system form tufts, which invaginate into the ventricular cavity (choroid plexus).
- The cortical system of arterial branches ramifies over the cerebrum to supply the cortex with arterioles that anastomose in the pia mater.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Arteries carried in with the pial fold provide the choroid plexuses of the 3rd and lateral ventricles.
- In this section of newborn cerebellum (note the fetal granular layer), the arachnoid tissue in between the two cerebellar gyri is very cellular and the pial vessels are quite congested.
- Vasogenic edema from compressive ischemia, venous stasis or parasitization of pial vessels may also occur and can be extensive.
Pronunciación: /ˈpīəl, ˈpēəl/adjetivo
Definición de pia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional