Definición de picket en inglés:
- Opponents would claim that the sight of placard-wielding pickets outside various religious functions presents the Gospel in a poor light.
- The general secretary, who joined pickets outside the station, said the strikes proved that rail workers did not believe they were being treated fairly on pay.
- After two months management hired a new workforce, reopened operations and called in police to disperse pickets outside the hotel.
- Then Fiat workers walked out, mounting mass pickets at factory gates.
- Farmers are set to stage pickets at milk processing plants in North Yorkshire, according to a pressure group.
- Union leaders should call for collections, delegations to the picket lines and mass pickets to stop any scabbing.
- ‘No picquet should be less than 1 Officer and 15 men,’ he was told.
- For many of the campaigns of history sentries, or larger security parties constituting infantry pickets or cavalry vedettes, did not habitually fire on one another.
- Union cavalry pickets and Signal Corps observers would have provided similar intelligence.
- It was fenced with white picket wood, and the dirt was clean and smooth, as if someone had just cleaned it up hours before.
- In one of my gardens, in the dappled shade of oak trees, I have placed a pair of them either side of a wooden picket gate, where they are a delight each spring.
- There was also in evidence picket poles, rods, chains and all the instrumental paraphernalia of field work.
verbo (pickets, picketing, picketed)[with object] Volver al principio
- Many workers picketed outside courthouses in the main cities during the week.
- Strikers picketed offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Norwich, Birmingham and Nottingham.
- Workers who picket a workplace and demonstrators who block roads or entrances to financial institutions, such as the stock exchange, could be charged as terrorists, as could computer hackers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We make our way to the theater, where noisy picketers are demonstrating against the very education reforms that had been on the governor's agenda earlier in the day.
- One police officer explained that they were responding to complaints and that, while they were in solidarity with picketers, they would have to arrest everyone.
- The picketers had been protesting for more than a month, demanding jobs, with no response from government authorities.
Late 17th century (denoting a pointed stake, on which a soldier was required to stand on one foot as a military punishment): from French piquet 'pointed stake', from piquer 'to prick', from pic 'pike'.
Palabras que riman con picketcricket, midwicket, picquet, piquet, pricket, snicket, thicket, ticket, wicket
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.