Definición de picric acid en inglés:
A bitter yellow compound obtained by nitrating phenol, used as a dye and in the manufacture of explosives.
- Nitrogen is an important component of common chemical explosives like TNT, nitroglycerin, gunpowder, guncotton, nitrocellulose, picric acid, and ammonium nitrate.
- In addition, some of the chemicals could be hazardous: picric acid was explosive, and the arsenic compounds could be toxic to the wearer.
- Marks recounts how some painted their legs and arms vivid yellow with picric acid to protect against sunburn.
- Example sentences
- Picric acid can be used as a booster explosive in detonators, a high explosive charge, or as an intermediate to preparing lead picrate or DDNP.
- As reported by participants, 93% of laboratories using alkaline picrate used a kinetic method (with or without rate blanking).
- Examination of Table 2 and Figure 1 shows that both small and large biases are associated with all method types, both alkaline picrate and enzymatic.
Definición de picric acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan