A bitter yellow compound obtained by nitrating phenol, used as a dye and in the manufacture of explosives.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nitrogen is an important component of common chemical explosives like TNT, nitroglycerin, gunpowder, guncotton, nitrocellulose, picric acid, and ammonium nitrate.
- In addition, some of the chemicals could be hazardous: picric acid was explosive, and the arsenic compounds could be toxic to the wearer.
- Marks recounts how some painted their legs and arms vivid yellow with picric acid to protect against sunburn.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Picric acid can be used as a booster explosive in detonators, a high explosive charge, or as an intermediate to preparing lead picrate or DDNP.
- As reported by participants, 93% of laboratories using alkaline picrate used a kinetic method (with or without rate blanking).
- Examination of Table 2 and Figure 1 shows that both small and large biases are associated with all method types, both alkaline picrate and enzymatic.
Definición de picric acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional