- A vole with dense molelike fur, found chiefly in forests and orchards in North America and Eurasia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Pitymys, family Muridae: many species, especially the common P. pinetorum, the Florida variety of which is sometimes considered a distinct species (P. parvulus)
- Previous studies show that one of the species, a pine vole, has been extinct in England for the last 400,000 years.
- Their overall adult body length varies from 3 to 5 1/2 inches in the pine vole, to about 4 1/2 to 7 inches in the meadow and prairie voles.
- The Bavarian pine vole, last seen in 1962, scurried back into view in 2000.